Easy to read the unique serial number of hard disk in your Delphi project.
The TGetDiskSerial VCL is a VCL component. You can use it to read the serial number of hard disk easily. As we all know, this serial number is unique in the world. So this component is of great use, for example, you can use this serial number to create an machine id or encrypt number.
The TGetDiskSerial VCL has already succeeded to get the Serial Number in RAD Studio XE3/XE2/XE/2010/2009/2007, BDS 2006, Delphi 5/6/7/2005. Here you can download examples of above development language at this site.
- 11/14/2012 - TGetDiskSerial VCL v4.20 Released !
- REAL serial number of hard disk. NOT Partition ID, NOT Volume ID !
- Not require administrator rights in Win NT/2000/XP/Vista/WIN7 !
- Easy to obtain the serial number of hard disk.
- Any operation can not to change the serialnumber of harddisk, include Format and Partition etc.
- Retrieve REAL serial number of hard disk. NOT Partition ID, NOT Volume ID.
- Support reading several physics hard disks.
- Support RAD Studio XE3/XE2/XE/2010/2009/2007, BDS 2006, Delphi 5/6/7/2005. [NEW]
- Read more parameters, such as Model Number, Revision Number, Buffer Size, Cylinders, Heads, Sectors per track, etc.
- Not require administrator rights in Windows 7/Vista/2003/XP/2000/98.